If you’re looking to share your music with others, Soundcloud is a great platform to do so. But how do you make sure you’re uploading your tracks in the best way possible? Here are a few tips that will show you how to upload to SoundCloud:
- First off, it’s important to export your track in the highest quality possible. That means exporting in a WAV or AIFF format at 24-bit depth. This will ensure that your track sounds great when people stream it on Soundcloud.
- Make sure all the necessary metadata is filled out. Metadata includes the title of your track, your name as the artist, etc. It helps people find your track when searching Soundcloud and makes it look more professional.
- Finally, it’s good to add some artwork to your track. It can be anything from an album cover to a photo of you as the artist. People will see this when they’re browsing Soundcloud, and it can help make your track stand out.
By following these tips, you can be sure that you’re uploading your tracks to Soundcloud in the best way possible. This guide will help you get more listeners and eventually lead to more success as an artist.
How to upload to SoundCloud from Garageband?
If you’re a musician, there’s a good chance you’re familiar with SoundCloud. It’s a popular platform for sharing and streaming music. However, if you’re a beginner you can choose to upload your music to Soundcloud from Garageband. Garageband will help you control the quality and visibility level of your song. The good news is, it’s quite simple. Just follow these steps:
- Open Garageband and your project.
- Export your project as an audio file.
- Go to Soundcloud.com and create a new account.
- Click the “Upload” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the audio file you exported from Garageband and click “Open.”
- Add details about your track, such as the title, artist name, and tags.
- Choose whether you want to make your track public or private.
- Click “Upload.”
And that’s it! Now your music is available on the platform.
How to upload to SoundCloud from Rekordbox
You’re probably using Rekordbox to manage your music library if you’re a DJ. But did you know that you can also use Rekordbox to upload tracks directly to Soundcloud? Here’s how:
First, make sure that your track is exported in the highest quality possible. That means exporting in a WAV or AIFF format at 24-bit depth. It will ensure that your track sounds great when people stream it on Soundcloud.
Next, open up rekordbox and go to the Preferences menu. Under the Output tab, make sure that the Soundcloud Output option is enabled. Finally, drag and drop your track into the Soundcloud Output window in rekordbox. Your track will now be uploaded to Soundcloud. You can share it as you wish.
By following these steps, you can easily upload your tracks to Soundcloud directly from rekordbox. It is a great way to get your music out there, and it can help you reach a wider audience.
How much can you upload to Soundcloud?
Soundcloud has different plans for free users and active subscribers. If you are using the free version of Soundcloud, you can upload almost 3 hours of music. It can be 180 minutes of any audio file.
But as an active subscriber using a paid version, the limit will be 360 minutes or 6 hours of an audio file. If you have a premium Soundcloud account, then you are allowed to upload unlimited tracks without any limitation of time.
How much does it cost to upload to Soundcloud?
Well, you can upload for free about 180 minutes of an audio file. SoundCloud offers you two kinds of plans to increase this limit.
- Repost By Soundcloud
- Pro Unlimited.
In the first plan, Repost By SoundCloud, you have to pay 30$ per year. And you will have 100% of your royalties and distribution license for one year.
But in the PRO Unlimited Plan, SoundCloud will give unlimited streaming time with all the insight access and the feature of reposting by Soundcloud automatically. It will cost144$ per year.
How to upload to SoundCloud without copyright?
- You should make sure that the music you’re uploading is original. If it’s a cover song, make sure that you have permission from the original producer. You will need to contact the artist directly. Alternatively you can use a service like Songfreedom.
- Next, check to see if your music has any sampled elements. If it does, you’ll need to get clearance from the original artists before you can upload it to Soundcloud. To do this, you can reach out to them directly or use a service like Sampleclear.
- Finally, include all the necessary metadata when you upload your track. It includes the title, artist name, and keywords. Including this information will help ensure that Soundcloud’s search engine properly indexes your track.
You can avoid copyright issues when uploading to Soundcloud by following these tips.
If you are uploading copyrighted songs, try to push it down or up about 50 semitones. And add a 30 second delay at the start of the track. It sometimes works, but it’s an immoral way to upload music on SoundCloud.
We’ve explore many ways on how to upload to SoundCloud. You can use GarageBand or Rekordbox for uploading. You will get 160 minutes in the free version and 380 minutes in the pro version of streaming on Soundcloud.