You need a specific program to download a Twitter video URL and save it to your PC. The Siri Shortcuts app for iOS can be used in conjunction with the TVDL app to download a Twitter video automatically. Once you’ve set it up, it will take care of itself. Now let’s take a look at how the Twitter video downloader shortcut for pc works.
How to Download Twitter Video & GIF on iPhone using shortcut
- Make sure you have the Twitter video downloader shortcut iPhone app on your iPhone before you begin. Apps can be downloaded straight from the Apple App Store.
- Get the Shortcut button on your iPhone’s browser. You can click on one of the links at the top of the page for an alternate version.
- Tap the “Add Untrusted Shortcut” button that appears in the description. No error notice will be displayed if you do it now and select the downloading quality. If one does appear, open the Settings app and navigate to Shortcuts > Allow Untrusted Shortcuts.
- To download the video, go to the video on Twitter and press the Share button in the bottom right corner. Tap on Share Tweet and then select one of the TVDL choices on the Share sheet.
- You’ll need to authorize access to a third-party API and your Twitter account to store downloaded GIFs and videos. Even though it may seem like a lot of effort, it is only needed once. The video will download to your Photos app as soon as you complete this step.
- To make TVDL work with Siri, tap + to Add to Siri after finding it in the Shortcuts app. Put a label on it. “Siri, [name of shortcut],” that is all you need to say next time you wish to download a video.
- Although it appears to be a lot of work, everything you accomplish is required only once. It will amaze you how simple it is to tap or ask Siri to perform the shortcut once it’s all set up. All of this is made possible through TVDL. When you encounter a video or GIF on Twitter and can’t resist saving it for later, you can now do so by tapping the “save” button in the upper right-hand corner.
Can I use Siri Shortcuts to download Twitter videos on iOS?
You can do so with a free app called TVDL (short for Twitter Video Download). The Siri Shortcuts app will also be required. The Shortcuts app can perform routine chores with a single press. For example, once you’ve set it up and granted the proper permissions to third-party apps like TVDL, you can tap or ask Siri to perform various tasks. You can designate a Siri shortcut for quick access if you’d like.